Maintenance & Safety Apprentice
The Maintenance & Safety Apprentice assists with Quality Control, maintenance of equipment, offices and safe working conditions. This is a full-time position.
- Ensure that ordered material it is the correct quantity and type according to the Purchase Order
- Maintain equipment and offices to the agreed upon standard and handle any necessary repairs
- Assist with safety meetings and maintaining shop safety
- Keep up-to-date maintenance logs
Other Duties & Requirements
- Assist with shipping and receiving
- Additional duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (minimum qualifications)
- Working knowledge of fabrication equipment
- Forklift and welding certified preferred
- Electrical and hydraulic backgrounds are a must
- Computer literate — Must know Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of shop safety
This position is physically demanding. You will be required to lift a minimum of 25lbs. You are required to work in the shop, constantly on your feet.
You will be working in a noisy, hot environment. You would be required to wear protective gear to ensure your safety.