Inventor CADD Technician
Structural Support Systems Inc. is a division of Seizmic Engineering (www.seizmicinc.com) that offers design and/or fabrication of special engineered products such as:
· Conveyor Supports
· Specialty Platforms (mezzanines)
· Wall Mounted Empty Pallet Shelves
· Storage Rack Repair Retrofits
We are seeking a full-time fabrication CADD technician from the southern California region (San Gabriel Valley area) to assist with the generation of fabrication drawings, approval drawings, installation drawings, engineering drawings, and drawing packages.
· Duties & Responsibilities: The function of this position is to primarily utilize Inventor to prepare two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) drafting details for use in developing shop drawings for our fabrication department.
· This position also requires the use of AutoCAD to produce 2D drawings.
· Develop plan view and elevation drawings for installation purposes. With direction from management, the qualified technician will apply Inventor and AutoCAD skills and knowledge in drafting engineering and fabrication design documents and will provide general CAD technical support in the discipline of structural engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (minimum qualifications)
· A strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to grasp spatial concepts is a must.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in generating fabrication drawings for manufacturing processes.
· Excellent math skills (geometry and trigonometry).
· Must be capable of reading architectural plans and structural drawings.
o Must be self-motivated, flexible and have good documentation skills.
o Must have the ability to accurately analyze architectural and application data.
o Must have the desire to learn and grow individually as well as in a team environment and to work under deadlines.
o Knowledge in AutoCAD; proficiency of 3D software, such as, Inventor, Solidworks or other similar 3D software is a must.
o Must have excellent communication skills.
o A technical drafting degree or certificate in a related field of study is preferred.
o Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Execl.
Annual Salary Range Per Year: $52,000 – $72,800